Friday, October 16, 2009

Is God enough?

Forgive me for my laziness in posting this last few weeks. I have been contemplating this lie that Satan tells us, "God is not enough". I am quickly realizing that I am not enough, no matter how hard I try to be. I've tried to consider in what ways was I believing this lie, although my mind says I'm not, but my actions speak otherwise. I find that often I put an addendum on God: all is well when this is like this, or when I have that, instead of "all is well when it's just God". Consider.....what do you try to add to God? It all breaks down to your own happiness, that's a given, but try to be specific. Is it good grades, a peaceful homelife, the right image, a certain relationship, etc. As I thought about Job this week and how God was enough for him, I wonder if He is enough for me? Oh, how my mouth wants to shout out a "YES" but I will pause and check my hands to see what am I still holding on to....

No comments:

Post a Comment